Apple Remote Desktop is the best way to manage the Mac computers on your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks — all without leaving your desk. Featuring Automator actions, Remote Spotlight search, and a new Dashboard widget, Apple Remote Desktop 3 makes your job easier than ever. Apple Remote Desktop 3, the award-winning desktop management system for Mac OS X has more than 50 new features that deliver improvements in software distribution, asset management, and remote assistance. Apple Remote Desktop 3 offers a wide range of high performance features, including lightning-fast Spotlight searches across multiple systems; more than 40 Automator actions for easy automation of repetitive tasks; a Dashboard widget that provides quick and convenient observation of remote systems; and AutoInstall for automatically updating software on mobile systems once they return to the network.
First-class upgrades, Automation for your Macs, No need to make house calls, No need to make house calls, No Per-Client Tax…
Control your Mac computers or any Virtual Network Computing-enabled computers including Windows, Linux, or UNIX systems.
Transfer files between Mac computers via Remote Drag and Drop, or copy and paste information between any two computers.
View the new System Status Indicators for color-coded details on available disk space, memory, and CPU utilization.
Prevent end users from viewing the screen while you control their systems to accomplish system management tasks with Curtain Mode.
Use the Remote Desktop widget for instantaneous, at-a-glance views of remote computers.
Apple Remote Desktop 3 is the best way to manage the Mac computers on your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks — all from your own Mac.
* Easily install one or more Apple-format packages on your computers.
* Configure a Task Server to assist with package installations on offline computers.
* Enjoy up to 11x faster copy performance compared with earlier versions of Apple Remote Desktop.
* Choose whether to encrypt network data when copying packages and files.
* Specify how much network bandwidth should be consumed by copy operations.
Asset Management and Reporting
* Perform lightning-fast searches on networks of Mac computers with Remote Spotlight search.
* Gather more than 200 hardware attributes about networked Mac OS X systems.
* See reports on user logins and application use.
* Use a Task Server to assemble inventory reports even from mobile systems not connected to the network.
* Perform over a dozen commands securely on remote Mac OS X systems.
* Choose from tasks including screen locking, sleep, wake, restart, and shutdown of Mac OS X systems.
* Execute UNIX shell scripts or commands on your client systems.
* Set the startup disk of your remote computers to start from a NetBoot or NetInstall image.
* Observe and control your Mac computers.
* Transfer files between Mac computers using Remote Drag and Drop.
* Copy and paste information between any two computers.
* View System Status Indicators for color-coded details on available disk space, memory, and CPU utilization.
* Prevent end users from viewing the screen while you control their systems with Curtain Mode.
* Control Virtual Network Computing (VNC)-enabled computers including Windows, Linux, and UNIX systems.
* Automate routine management tasks using Automator in Mac OS X.
* Get started immediately with over 40 actions.
* Chain actions together to create powerful system administration workflows.
* Combine actions with other application actions to create end-to-end solutions.
* Save workflows as plug-ins to provide simple, customized interfaces to Apple Remote Desktop features.